Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Update for Tuesday, May 24th
* Teri Mills extends her sincere appreciation and gratitude to Moses Ross, Thom K., all the Citizens for Democracy, the Rapid Response Network, and Mac Prichard for their help and support these past few days.
* The Oregonian newspaper will be publishing Teri's op/ed from the NY Times - they even asked her for a picture to go with it.
* Teri will be on Air America, KPOJ620 AM in Portland, OR tomorrow morning, May 25th at 8:05 am on the Thom Hartmann show.
* Good Day Oregon, a local morning TV show, has scheduled a shoot with Teri and her nursing students to take place in the PCC lab at 9:30 am on June 1st.
* Congressman Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) is looking at ways to place the National Nurse into the Congressional Record.
* Two reputable nursing journals have asked to do pieces on the National Nurse. The American Associaton of Community Colleges has put in one request. The other came from the National League of Nursing, who plan to re-run Teri's op/ed on the back page of Nursing Education Perspectives in July.
The Missoulian, Montana's state paper, published Teri's op/ed on Sunday. Unfortunately, they do not have on-line privileges with the NY Times, so there is no link to provide.
* Finally, Portland Community College will be posting links to the op/ed in their weekly on-line newsletter.
Teri will continue to keep you all abreast of news as it happens.
The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Tuesday, May 24, 2005