Friday, October 14, 2005
National Nurse Team Featured on Portland Community College's Website
Two members of the National Nurse Team, Alisa Schneider and Teri Mills are featured on the Portland Community College website- www.pcc.edu
Here's a short list of what the proposed legislation an Office of the National Nurse will accomplish:
1. Give public recognition to the work nurses do every day and help stem
the nursing shortage by attracting others to the profession.
2. Collaborate with members of the health care team to determine the
health care agenda for America.
3. Participate each week with an expert nurse to address the entire
nation, not just a targeted population, on ways to prevent disease and
promote health (for instance, how to have a healthy heart or strategies
to prevent diabetes).
4. Utilize the Internet to make the above information available in
multiple languages to reach our diverse population.
5. Encourage every nurse licensed in the U.S. (there are presently 2.7
million nurses) to volunteer to be a member of a National Nurse Team in
their own community.
6. Organize and promote four nationwide health education days per year
that will be coordinated and delivered by the National Nurse Teams in
every city and town across America.
7. Build an infrastructure of ready available nursing teams that could
assist during the time of a national disaster/epidemic.
Please add your name to the petition to create an Office of the National Nurse and sign up to receive our newsletter.
The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Friday, October 14, 2005