The National Nurse Team would like to encourage all website visitors to sign up to receive our newsletter. This is a way you can find out the very latest news about pending legislation, new supporters, and published articles.
For those of you new to the website, here is a short list of what the Office of the National Nurse will accomplish:
* Collaborate with members of the health care team to determine the health care agenda for America.
* Participate each week with an expert nurse to address the entire nation, not just a targeted population, on ways to prevent disease and promote health (for instance, how to have a healthy heart or strategies to prevent diabetes).
* Utilize the Internet to make the above information available in multiple languages to reach our diverse population.
* Encourage every nurse licensed in the U.S. (there are presently 2.7 million nurses) to volunteer to be a member of a National Nurse Team in their own community.
* Organize and promote four nationwide health education days per year that will be coordinated and delivered by the National Nurse Teams in every city and town across America.
* Build an infrastructure of ready available nursing teams that could assist during the time of a national disaster/epidemic.
* Give public recognition to the work nurses do every day and help stem the nursing shortage by attracting others to the profession.
The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Tuesday, November 08, 2005