(Pictured left: Representative Lois Capps)
The National Nurse Team is delighted to announce that the bill to establish an Office of the National Nurse has been introduced on the floor of the House of Representatives on March 8th, 2006. The bill is HR 4903 and will be available for viewing in its entirety tomorrow on www.thomas.loc.gov. We all thank Representative Lois Capps (D-CA) and her dedicated staff for introducing this bill during the second session of the 109th session of Congress.
HR 4903 establishes an Office of the National Nurse that will:
1. Involve all Americans in preventive health practices.
2. Complement health services already in place.
3. Establish volunteer national nurse teams to deliver nursing assistance and education to communities in crisis.There is a lot of work to be done, and many ways you can help.Contact your elected officials to ask them to support this bill.
1. Here are the telephone numbers and email addresses
of your elected Representatives and Senators OR you may call these toll free numbers: 1-877-762-8762, 1-888-723-5246, 1-800-426-8073
2. View this sample letter and phone script
3. Many of you have expressed interest in visiting your own Congressional Office in person. Tips
for successful lobbying are also available.
Help the team raise funds to return to Washington DC to lobby.
1. Click on the "DONATE NOW" button located on the top left corner of the website.
2. Write a check to: National Nursing Network Organization, 20564 SW 98th Court, Tualatin, OR 97062
*** The National Nursing Network Organization is a non-profit corporation, but it is not tax-exempt and therefore, your contributions are not tax deductible.Help spread the word.
a button or bumper sticker.
2. Invite us to speak at your business meetings, conferences, and conventions.
3. Contact Teri@NationalNurse.info
to receive a complementary flyer to post at your workplace.
4. Contact Teri@NationalNurse.info
if you are a graphic artist who is willing to donate your talents to update our merchandise.
The National Nurse Team will send out a regular information newsletter next week, including a health tip to keep you and our citizens healthy-a reader suggested this and the team thought it was a great idea to begin modeling what the Office will do.
We have a lot of exciting activities but for now, let us all give the members of Congress something to talk about. Please make your phone calls and write your letters to your elected officials today!
Teri, Alisa, and Terri
The National Nurse Team
The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Thursday, March 09, 2006