Symbols and logos shown on this page may be copyrighted or trademarked by their respective owners. You must have the owner’s permission to copy any copyrighted material or a trademark.

Single post from

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Paxson Barker RN, BSN Reports From Capitol Hill

(Pictured: National Nurse Team and Supporters With Representative Lois Capps (CA-23))
Our trip to D.C. to lobby for the National Act of 2006 was fabulous. The team of nurses working on this were collaborative and professional as well as warm and collegial.

The staff on Capitol Hill were interested and attentive to the issues and solutions HR 4903 addresses.

I am more proud of nursing after this experience than I have ever been in my 34 years as a nurse. I hope that all nurses will review the proposed legislation and support this nurse driven agenda towards health promotion in the United States.

Paxon Barker is pictured third to the left and lives in Texas.

The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Sunday, May 14, 2006  

 Comments (3)

Add a comment

Blogger listener 
Can't wait to hear more about how this progresses!!!

wOOt! GO NATIONAL NURSE TEAM!

BTW, my son had an emergency apprendectomy overnight,
and his nurse was wonderfully generous with her time,
explaining his day and progress to me
since I'm about eight states away.

Hurrah for our marvelous nurses! ♥
Blogger listener 
apprendectomy - appendectomy

(But you knew that! :lol: )
Blogger Kim 
Hey, if you can say apprendectomy I can admit that spelling cholecystitis stops me in my tracks every time....