Symbols and logos shown on this page may be copyrighted or trademarked by their respective owners. You must have the owner’s permission to copy any copyrighted material or a trademark.

Single post from

Friday, October 20, 2006

Thank You Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (CA)

Pictured: Congresswoman Sanchez

"I have been a vocal supporter for a number of years in trying to increase the number of Americans who choose nursing as a career. In addition to cosponsoring H.R. 4903, I have also introduced the Nurse Loan Forgiveness Act since 2003 to try to create incentives to draw people to nursing.

I received several phone calls from nurses in my congressional district asking me to cosponsor this bill. Since thousands of bills are introduced each year, awareness of every bill is difficult. It is important that people take the time to lobby their representatives about legislation that is important to them. Change in government begins with grassroots action and I applaud all of those who took time to contact my office and staff."

The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Friday, October 20, 2006  

 Comments (0)