Symbols and logos shown on this page may be copyrighted or trademarked by their respective owners. You must have the owner’s permission to copy any copyrighted material or a trademark.

Single post from

Monday, December 18, 2006

Vic's DC Report

Pictured: Victoria Hafter

When a friend of mine asked if I would like to join her on a trip to Washington DC and Capitol Hill, I jumped at the opportunity to go.

As a concerned citizen I felt it was imperative to let my representatives know in person the issues that are important to me. One of these is the National Nurse Act of 2006-HR 4903. As someone who experienced a life-threatening misdiagnosis by my physician several years ago who was then properly diagnosed by the attending nurses who cared for me in the hospital, I saw first hand how underestimated these hardworking men and women are. If not for those wonderful dedicated nurses, I would not be here.

I am also a huge advocate for preventive health care information; empowering the American people to learn how to stay well and live healthy lives.

While in Washington I left information about HR 4903 with the health policy aides of several US Representatives.

I will be returning in April to follow up and personally thank those who support this bill. As time was a factor I was unable to complete as many visits as I would have liked.

For an ordinary person such as myself to have the chance to travel to Washington and advocate for this important piece of legislation was for me one of the most empowering things I have ever done.

I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Victoria Hafter
Miami Gardens, Florida

The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Monday, December 18, 2006  

 Comments (0)