The Board of Directors of the National Nursing Network Organization voted unanimously to adopt the following Donor Bill of Rights. The premise of this bill is that philanthropy is based on volunteer action for the common good. Further, the bill states that it is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To continue to gain your respect and trust, we want to assure donors and prospective donors that they can have full confidence in the National Nursing Network Organization, a 501 C-4 non profit, so we hereby declare that our donors have these rights:
1. The right to be informed of the organizational mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use these donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To know the identity of those serving on the National Nursing Network Organization Board of Directors.
3. Be able to access the organization's most recent financial statements (email email@example.com for this information).
4. Be assured that your gifts will only be used for the purposes given.
5. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6. Know that information about your donations will be handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. Expect that any relationship with an individual representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. Know that any solicitation for a donation is coming directly from a volunteer.
9. Be able to remove their name from the mailing list at any time.
10. Ask questions and receive prompt and truthful answers.
(The Donor Bill of Rights was developed by: American Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and Association of Fundraising Professionals. The Donor Bill of Rights is endorsed by Independent Sector, National Catholic Development Conference, Council for Resource Development, and United Way of America)
Retrieved on April 4, 2007 from afpnet.org/content_documents/ Donor_Bill_of_Rights_-_English.pdf
The National Nursing Network Organization Team—Wednesday, April 04, 2007